London Buses route 91 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London, England. Running between Crouch End and Trafalgar Square, it is operated by Metroline.
Route 91 commenced operating on 10 October 1992 between Crouch End and Trafalgar Square via Hornsey Rise - Holloway - Caledonian Road - Kings Cross - Euston - Russelll Square - Holborn - Kingsway - Aldwych. The route was introduced as a replacement for route 14A and part of route 30. The route was initially operated by London Northern from their Holloway (HT) garage using MCW Metrobuses. This was the fifth time, the number 91 had been used as a route number on a London motor bus route.
On 26 October 1994, the route was included in the sale of London Northern to MTL London.
On 1 February 1997, the route passed to Capital Citybus operating from their Northumberland Park (NP) garage with new Alexander RH bodied Volvo Olympians.
On 8 July 1998, the route was included in the sale of Capital Citybus to First Capital.
On 2 February 2002, the route was retained by First London and was converted to low floor operation using brand new Plaxton President bodied Dennis Tridents.
On 7 February 2009, the route passed to Metroline operating from their Holloway (HT) garage with Alexander Dennis Enviro 400s introduced.
On 6 February 2016, the route was retained by Metroline.
On 9 May 2016, the Alexander Dennis Enviro 400s were replaced by brand new Wright New Routemasters.
- Crouch End Elmfield Aveune
- Hornsey Rise
- Caledonian Road Station
- Caledonian Road for Caledonian Road & Barnsbury Station
- King's Cross Station
- St Pancras Station
- Upper Woburn Place for Euston Station
- Russell Square
- Holborn Station
- Charing Cross Station
- Trafalgar Square Whitehall
Previous route 91s in London
The route number 91 had been used four times prior to its current use.
- Between 1912 and 1913 for a daily Ealing Broadway station to Kew Bridge (Star & Garter) route via Brentford.
- In 1919 for a daily Hammersmith*, Finsbury Park station* to Leytonstone (Green Man) route via Shepherds Bush, Notting Hill Gate, Bayswater, Warwick Avenue, St John's Wood, Albert Road, Camden Road, Holloway, Stamford Hill, Clapton, and Leyton. * Termini varied.
- Between 1924 and 1934 for a Liverpool Street station to Willesden night route via Strand, Marble Arch, Harrow Road and Harlesden.
- Between 1934 and 1991 for a daily London Airport Central*, Hounslow West station*, Cranford* to Wandsworth Bridge route via Hammersmith. * Termini varied. This route was partially replaced by routes 391 and H91.
There were also:
- In 1919 a Sunday Finsbury Park station to Woodford Bridge (Crown & Crooked Billet) via Stamford Hill, Clapton, Leyton, Snaresbrook and South Woodford route 91A.
- Between 1934 and 1938 a daily Barking to Barkingside via Ilford Tram route 91.